(Below) St Francis of Xavier was built in the early 1900’s. The cemetery is used by the Jamul Kumeyaay to bury their loved ones. The Church is still used today for funerals, baptisms and first holy communions or other Catholic rituals. Wakes are held either inside the church or structures made from willows branches. Journals kept by Father La Pointe document the births, baptisms and marriages that were done in the 1900’s on the Jamul Indian Village.